Chef Sibrand Jurriaans, Prima Bistro | Whidbey Island, Washington
1 pound peeled and deveined wild shrimp, 16-20 count
1/2 cup good quality honey
4 tablespoon chopped shallots
4 tablespoon fines herbs (freshly chopped parsley, tarragon, chives and fennel fronds is what we use)
8 teaspoons of white truffle oil
Pepper to taste
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup roasted marcona almonds
4 tablespoons canola oil
• Coat a saute pan with the canola oil and heat until smoking; sear the shrimp quickly on both sides.
• Add in the almonds and shallots and saute
• Add in enough honey to coat the shrimp plus a little more; the shrimp will release some liquid which adds to the sauce.
• Simmer until the shrimp are cooked, just after they turn orange-pink all the way through.
• Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
• Toss with herbs.
• Drizzle with truffle oil and sprinkle with sea salt.